I’ve often said that writing is as much a social business as it is a personal one. One of my favorite things about the writing community is how people connect and encourage each other. A new example of that has come to my attention today.
It’s a blogging trend called One Lovely Blog Award. No one seems to know where it came from but it’s taking the blogging community by storm. A friend of mine, Becca Schriner, was recently awarded the honor. She, in turn, nominated me and a few fellow bloggers.
What exactly does that mean? Well, it means that someone liked and recommended her blog. And that she did the same for mine. The One Lovely Blog Award is a way to encourage other writers and help readers discover new writers. I think it’s pretty fantastic.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person that nominated you and leave a link to their blog
- Post about the award
- Share 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate at most 15 people
- Tell your nominees the good news!
So thank you, Becca, for nominating me! And check on posting about the award.
- Hedgehogs are my favorite animal.
- For two years in college, I minored in theater (I dropped it when it started taking up all my free time). However, I’ve really missed it. I have found a way to get involved in theater again!
- I like tea, not coffee. Favorite kind: Irish Breakfast tea. With milk and sugar.
- Speaking of Ireland, I’m a fan of all things Irish. I studied there for a semester in college and completely fell in love with the culture, the land, and the people. I really hope I can go back some day.
- I sing. All the time. My sisters and friends and I can have entire conversations using only song lyrics.
- I really love British television. The whole dry wit thing is my favorite.
- My favorite mythical creature is a dragon. Griffin comes in a close second.
And now for the nominees! I hereby nominate the following people for the One Lovely Blog Award (doesn’t that sound all official?). I love their blogs and you should definitely check them out when you have a chance.
- Amy Green: The Monday Heretic
- Elizabeth Syson: Inkwell Insights (also nominated by Becca, you don’t have to do this more than once, Liz)
- Nichole Parks: A Flair for the Traumatic (again, also nominated by Becca and doesn’t have to do this twice)
- Katelyn Bolds: The Bold Life
- Linda Taylor: Linda Taylor: Writer, Editor, Speaker
- Nichole McGhie: The Excited Writer
- Bonus: If she hadn’t nominated me first, I’d totally nominate Becca Schriner as well.
Thanks to everyone who reads my blog! You make the late night writing and hair-pulling frustration worth it.
Until next time word nerds!